Here are the highlights on Brazil’s tech and business scene in April:
DOMO Enterprise will invest in startups that operate in the B2B model. About 30% of the fund, which will total between R$ 150 million and R$ 200 million, have already been raised.
VTEX acquired tow companies: Biggy, which operates with artificial intelligence and dlieve, of logistics. Since its launch in 1999, Vtex made 10 acquisitions. Last year it raised US$ 140 million in a round led by Softbank.
Boeing has abandoned a deal to buy 80% of Embraer’s commercial aircraft business for US$4.2 billion.
Colony Capital Inc. investment is expanding in Latin America with the purchase of data center assets from Brazil’s Grupo Folha, UOL. The investment happened as shelter-in-place orders around the world are boosting demand for digital infrastructure.
BayBrazil dialogue series features tech leaders, startup founders, investors, including Hans Tung, Partner at GGV Capital.
Memed, a Brazilian healthtech platform, raised a U$ 4.5 million Series B led by DNA Capital, along with repeat investor Redpoint eventures. Other past investors include Monashees Capital and Qualcomm Ventures.
Brazilian startup SanarMed received an investment of R$ 60 million led by the funds Valor Capital and DNA Capital. The company is an online information platform for doctors and other healthcare professionals.
iFood merged with Delivery Hero’s Domicilios.com. The transaction was undisclosed but iFood will hold 51% equity stake in the partnership, while Delivery Hero will hold the remaining 49%.
Totvs acquired Wealth Systems Informática for R$ 27 million. The company develops management and sales software.
Brazil’s pet market among the three largest in the world. SoftBank reached an agreement to invest US$48 million in pet products online retailer Petlove. Previous investors are Kaszek Ventures, monashees and Tarpon Investimentos.
CargoX, sometimes referred to as the Brazilian Uber for cargo, has raised $80 million in a Series E round led by investor LGT Lightstone.