November 2019 Deals & Investments
- May 30: Kaszek Ventures has raised US$200 million fund and expectations are that most of it will go to Brazil, the largest capital recipient of the firm.
- June 2: The anti-fraud startup Konduto received an investment of R$ 2.5 Million from the Fund Criatec 2, managed by Bozano Investimentos and Triaxis Capital. (in Portuguese)
- June 5: Blackstone Tactical Opportunities made an equity investment in Ascenty, the leading provider of data center & telecom services in Brazil, aiming to accelerate Ascenty’s growth plans.
- The startup for online bus ticket sale Guichê Virtual acquired G&M Soluções for R$ 6 Million, with the purpose to establish its presence in the B2B technology market. (in Portuguese)
- June 12: Hippo Drs, startup that connects patients to health services, received an investment of R$ 3.5 Million from four angel investors, including Kick Ventures and SEB Group.(in Portuguese)
- June 13: TOTVS launched Carol, the company’s platform for quality data and artificial intelligence.
- June 15: Mosyle, a Brazilian edtech startup raised an undisclosed investment from DGF Investimentos to finance its expansion to the US market.
- June 19: Astella Investimentos lead the investment of a Series A round in Bom pra Crédito, a consumer credit marketplace and the biggest fintech online platform in Brazil. The amount invested in this round was R$ 6 Million in conjunction with angel investors of the company and SP Ventures (Portuguese)
- June 21: Spain’s Cabify and Brazil’s Easy merged the operations after months of long conversation. They will work as a holding, maintaining the separated brands. The resulted corporate structure and the amount of the transaction were not disclosed.
- The Brazilian provider of live broadcast infrastructure and solutions Netshow.me raised R$1.2 Million from Provence Capital and plans to strengthen its position in Brazil.
- June 23: Neoway, a data and analytics company’s provider in Brazil, raised US$45 Million leaded by QMS Capital, with existing investors Accel, Monashees, and Endeavor Catalyst and new investors including PointBreak and Pollux.
- June 26: FINEP, the Brazilian public agency for science, technology and innovation development, launched a program to make available R$ 50 Million to leverage startups in Brazil. Fifty startups will be selected and each will receive up to R$ 1 Million in resources. (in Portuguese)
- Jun 29: Naspers and Innova Capital invested US$53 Million in Movile, the leader in mobile marketplaces. The funds will be used to fuel growth in food delivery, tickets and education apps as well as in the platform Rapiddo.